We strongly encourage you to call your insurance company directly and provide them with tax ID numbers for UC San Diego Medical Group [tax ID 23-7064656] and UC San Diego Medical Center [tax ID 33-0599494] to verify their participation as in-network providers for your specific insurance plan.
Questions? Call 619-471-9393.
PPO stands for preferred provider organization. If you have a PPO, you are free to see any physician contracted with the insurance plan’s network of providers. Typically, you do not need to select a primary care physician or get a referral before seeing a specialty care physician.
EPO stands for exclusive provider organization. It functions like a PPO but has a limited network. EPOs may or may not provide "out-of-network" benefits.
UC San Diego Medical Group and UC San Diego Medical Center accept PPO and EPO health insurance plans offered by the companies below.
Aetna (For any plan not listed below, please contact Aetna to verify network participation.)
Anthem Blue Cross (For any plan not listed below, please contact Anthem Blue Cross to verify network participation.)
- Anthem Blue Cross Prudent Buyer PPO
- Anthem Blue Cross through employer groups (contact Anthem Blue Cross to verify network participation)
- AXA Assistance USA PPO
- BCE Emergis (Multiplan) PPO
- Beech Street/CAPP Care PPO
- Benefits Panel Service (BPS) (BCE Emergis/Multiplan) PPO
Blue Cross/Blue Shield Associations (Verify that your plan participates in the “Blue Card” program and that there are no restrictions.)
Blue Shield of California
- Blue Shield through employer groups (contact Blue Shield to verify network participation.)
- Blue Shield individual and family groups, in-network for Exclusive Provider Network
- Blue Shield is not contracted for behavioral health.
Cigna (Contact Cigna to verify network participation.)
Coventry/First Health PPO/EPO
- CMN Global PPO (aka Europe Assistance-Global Corp. Solutions)
- First Health/Coventry PPO/EPO
- Foundation for Medical Care PPO
- Global Excel PPO
- Great-West Healthcare (aka One Health Plan) (See Cigna).
- Health Management Network (HMN) PPO
Health Net (For any plan not listed below, contact Health Net to verify network participation.)
- Health Net PPO
not through Covered California ("Off the Exchange")
- Health Net PPO through employer groups (Contact Health Net to verify network participation.)
- Health Smart Preferred (Interplan) PPO
- Interplan (Health Smart) PPO
- MGM PPO
- MultiPlan PPO
- National Health Solutions PPO
- National Provider Network
- Olympus Managed Healthcare PPO
- Pacific Foundation for Medical Care (SD Foundation) PPO
- Prime Health Tennessee PPO
- Private Healthcare System (PHCS) (Multiplan) PPO
- Quality Health Management PPO
- TRICARE/TriWest Extra (CHAMPUS) PPO
- UC Care PPO
- UCSD Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP thru Anthem Blue Cross) PPO
UnitedHealthcare (Contact UnitedHealthCare to verify network participation.)
UC San Diego Medical Center and UC San Diego Medical Group are contracted with most major insurance plans. If you do not see the name of your insurance plan listed above, and you require specialty care, see your primary care physician and request an authorization to UC San Diego for specialty services.