Breast Cancer Screening and Treatment
Join us during Breast Cancer Awareness Month for a free seminar with a UC San Diego Health breast oncologist. She will share the latest recommendations on how to detect breast cancer early and reduce your risk of developing it, including:
- Risk factors, signs and symptoms of breast cancer
- When to begin mammograms or other screening methods
- General breast cancer treatment methods
Cancer Event Details
Thursday, October 24, 2019
6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center - Goldberg Auditorium3855 Health Sciences Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037
Map and Driving Directions
- Check-in opens at 5:30 p.m. Presentation begins at 6 p.m.
- Light hors d’oeuvres will be served.
- This is a free event hosted by UC San Diego Health.
- Complimentary parking is available.
Meet Our Expert Medical Oncologist
Angelique Richardson, MD, PhD, specializes in diagnosing and treating breast cancer. She uses chemotherapy, hormone therapy and targeted therapies to offer the best possible treatment options. Dr. Richardson earned her medical degree from the Loma Linda University School of Medicine in Loma Linda, Calif., where she also earned a PhD in microbiology and molecular genetics with an emphasis in cancer biology and breast cancer. She completed a hematology/oncology fellowship at Penn State College of Medicine in Hershey, Penn.