At UC San Diego Health, you can conduct a video visit with your provider on your smartphone or tablet. You'll need to have a scheduled appointment and be signed in to your MyUCSDChart account on your mobile device. We recommend you use:
- An iPhone 6 or above, or an iPad 3rd edition or above — with iOS 14.0 operating system or above
- A Samsung Galaxy S5 phone or above — with Android 7.0 operating system or above
Preparing for a MyUCSDChart Video Visit
- Create an account on the
MyUCSDChart website or log in if you already have one.
- Download the free MyUCSDHealth app from the
Apple App Store or
Google Play Store on your smartphone or tablet. Search for "MyUCSDHealth" and choose "UCSD" from the list in the app. You can then sign on to the app using your MyUCSDChart login and password.
Watch how to do a video visit with our doctor.
- Before your virtual appointment begins, have a photo ID ready to hold up to the camera on your device to verify your identity.
- Make sure your device's default browser is set to Safari (Apple) or Chrome/Firefox/Edge (Android). Do
not use Internet Explorer.
Important — online check-in is required to begin your visit. Log into your MyUCSDChart account and complete eCheck-In at least 30 minutes before your scheduled visit or up to 7 days in advance. You can do this either on your desktop computer or your mobile device. But the video visit must be done on your mobile device.
- Click on the eCheck-In icon to complete all questionnaires and digitally sign consent forms. Once completed, a green check mark will appear.
Starting Your Video Visit
Before starting your appointment, make sure you have completed your eCheck-In, questionnaires and consent form, and
read tips for video visits. You can do this up to 7 days in advance.
Connect your device to Wi-Fi for the best network connection. The 4G or LTE connection on your mobile carrier's network will work but may cause interruptions.
- Open the
MyUCSDHealth app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Click the
- Log in to your
- If you are accessing a
proxy account, select the appropriate tab for the person.
- Select the
- Select your appointment —
Video Visit or
Express Care Video Visit (video camera icon). These options show up in your account only after you schedule a video visit appointment.
- Tap the
Begin visit button (at the bottom of your screen). It can take up to 20 seconds for the camera screen to be active.
- A browser window will open; click the
- The system will check your microphone, speaker and camera. Once they are all green, select
- Your call will connect.
- Wait for your doctor or another health care provider to join and start your virtual appointment.
Problems? Call your clinic if your provider is more than 15 minutes late or if there's an issue in starting the video visit. If you are having technical issues, please contact MyUCSDChart customer support at 619-543-5220 — from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. any day of the week.
© This material contains confidential and copyrighted information of Epic Systems Corporation and is intended for circulation within the UC San Diego Health System only.