Our infectious disease physicians offer consultations and provide treatment upon referral from another physician, usually a primary care physician. They specialize in infections or diseases caused by viruses, bacteria, fungi and parasites. These include hepatitis, tuberculosis, influenza, and HIV/AIDS, in addition to other infections of the sinuses, heart, brain, lungs, gastrointestinal system, urinary tract, pelvic organs and bones.
Infectious disease providers practice at UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest, and
UC San Diego Perlman Medical Offices and
Moores Cancer Center in La Jolla.
If you are an HIV or AIDS patient and are seeking treatment, please visit the
Owen Clinic, which serves the needs of patients with HIV. Clinical trials involving HIV infection and other viral diseases are coordinated through the UC San Diego AntiViral Research Center, 619-543-8080.
- Infectious disease clinics on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Consultative referrals from other UC San Diego Health physicians
- Consultative referrals to patients recently discharged from UC San Diego Medical Center who require transitional infectious disease care
- Physician-referred tropical medicine and pre-trip advice to travelers
- Travel medicine, pre-trip inoculations, advice & prescriptions (patient is responsible for submitting to insurance for any reimbursements)
- Physician-referred orthopedic infection consultation & treatment
- Other physician-referred infectious disease consultation requests
Video: Building a Defense Against Zika
This video features infectious disease specialist Dr. Robert Schooley, who is among the UC San Diego researchers leading efforts to better understand the Zika virus.