brain tumor team of neurosurgeons, radiation oncologists, neuro-oncologists, neuroradiologists, neuropathologists and neuropsychologists includes renowned experts who help develop and write the national guidelines for brain tumor and brain cancer care. They are joined by specialists in psychiatry, speech therapy, physical therapy and occupational therapy – all with expertise in treating patients with brain tumors.
We offer the most advanced and precision treatment options in the San Diego region, including:
- Laser interstitial thermal therapy (LITT), a minimally invasive laser surgery
- Interoperative MRI (real-time monitoring during surgery)
- Image-guided, frameless stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) with pinpoint accuracy
- Access to proton radiotherapy which allows for unique sparing of normal tissue
- Advanced neuroimaging
- Personalized medicine with targeted drug therapy
- Clinical trials
Conditions We Treat
The most common conditions we treat are:
We also treat the following more rare conditions:
Online Second Opinions and Video Visits
If you've received a diagnosis that requires neurosurgery and would like one of our neurosurgeons to review your X-rays and other imaging studies, UC San Diego Health offers online imaging reviews. It's an easy and affordable way to help you make an informed decision before neurosurgery. For more information, see
Online Second Opinions.
More about video visits.
We also offer convenient video visits with providers as appropriate for patients who are unable visit in person.
Our team uses a comprehensive, whole-person approach that addresses not only a person's medical issues, but also their emotional, spiritual and social needs. More about neuropalliative care