UC San Diego Health provides comprehensive care for all types of lymphoma, including:
Why Choose Us?
As the only Comprehensive Cancer Center in the region, UC San Diego Health offers:
- A multidisciplinary team of physicians who are experienced in treating lymphomas, including dedicated hematologists and radiation oncologists
- Experienced hematopathologists to ensure an accurate diagnosis
- State-of-the-art testing to individualize treatment options
- Opportunities to participate in therapeutic clinical trials and research programs, including early-phase trials. We typically offer dozens of clinical trials for lymphomas, including those not available at other nearby medical centers.
- Access to
advanced bone marrow stem cell transplantation techniques
- Compassionate staff members and extraordinary support services, including
support groups and classes,
nutritional counseling and
a psychosocial support team who can connect you with resources to help manage your life and your wellness during treatment and recovery.
Diagnosing and Treating Lymphoma
There are more than 60 subtypes of lymphoma, and each requires its own kind of treatment. An accurate diagnosis is important for proper care. We work with an experienced hematopathologist,
Huan-You Wang, MD, PhD, who focuses solely on blood and bone marrow disorders.
A lymph node biopsy is typically required to make a diagnosis. Your doctor may also consider a physical exam, your personal health history, a bone marrow biopsy, or blood tests.
Our treatment is customized based on the subtype of lymphoma, the stage, any previous treatments received and their effects, and your condition and overall needs. Treatment approaches may include:
All of our physicians are also researchers, and they may suggest joining a clinical trial, which could offer new treatment approaches.