The multidisciplinary Prostate Cancer Clinic at Moores Cancer Center brings some of the best prostate cancer doctors in San Diego to one location, so men can conveniently and quickly access the specialized care they need.
The clinic is designed to improve the prognosis and quality of life for men with moderate, high-risk or advanced prostate cancer. Our unique team-based approach offers the highest level of personalized care at
San Diego’s only federally designated comprehensive cancer center.
Among the unique benefits of our clinic, our patients can:
- Discuss treatment options with three cancer specialists — a medical oncologist, urologic surgeon and radiation oncologist — during a single visit
- Receive a balanced view of treatment options with quality-of-life considerations incorporated into your care plan
- Receive tests and treatments that meet the highest standards of cancer care
- Have faster and more convenient access to cancer care through all stages of treatment
Prostate Cancer Clinic Specialists
Each patient's care team draws on the expertise of doctors who specialize in urologic and prostate cancers:
Who Is Eligible for the Clinic?
Dr. J. Kellogg Parson describes how the Prostate Cancer Clinic sets the standard for prostate cancer care in San Diego.
This unique clinic is designed for men with:
- Newly diagnosed aggressive prostate cancer
- Locally advanced prostate cancer (cancer that has spread to the lymph nodes)
- Metastatic prostate cancer (cancer that has spread to other parts of the body)
- Recurrent prostate cancer (cancer that is not responding to treatment)
Your doctor may refer you to our clinic or you can self-refer.
Before Your First Appointment
To provide us with as much information as possible about your diagnosis and health, please make sure we have all your medical records before your first visit, including:
- Blood test results
- Biopsy slides and pathology report
- Imaging studies (MRI or CT)
Molecular Profiling and Genetic Testing
Every person's cancer tumor is unique — this is why we personalize each person's care plan with:
- Molecular profiling of the cancer tumor
- Genetic testing / genetic sequencing
Find out more:
Center for Personalized Cancer Therapy
Treatment Options for Prostate Cancer
Depending on your health status and tumor type, your prostate cancer treatment may involve a combination of different approaches, including:
Support Services for Cancer Patients and Families
Our cancer care goes beyond providing you with the best available treatment options. We offer complementary therapies and services, such as:
psychosocial support team can help address the emotional challenges that may accompany a cancer diagnosis and treatment, as well. Follow-up care, including a survivorship care plan, is also provided.
Related Services for Prostate Cancer Patients