Partners in Care
The Patient & Family Advisory Council (PFAC) is your advocate. We are a group of patients, caregivers, providers, and staff who are committed to ensuring that patient and family perspectives are heard at Moores Cancer Center. In partnership with Moores Cancer Center leadership, we examine and incorporate patient and family feedback to improve services and care.
Your voice matters.
Your views help us improve the patient and family experience
at Moores Cancer Center.
Medal of Excellence Nominations
Has a member of the Moores Cancer Center staff helped you in an extraordinary way? The Medal of Excellence rewards extra-special efforts made by non-physician staff. PFAC awards it annually at the Celebrate the Care event.
To nominate someone, complete the
nomination form and submit it in one of these ways:
- Email to
- At a check-in desk at your next visit
- Mail to:
Moores Cancer Center, MC 0658
Attn: Patient and Family Advisory Council
3855 Health Sciences Drive
La Jolla, CA 92093
Vision, Mission, and Purpose
Our vision: Compassionate patient and family-centered care is an integral part of personalized medicine
Our mission: To humanize the cancer experience by ensuring patient and family perspectives are heard and integrated
- Improve the patient experience by focusing on how we can provide excellence in patient care, help patients navigate through their cancer care, and increase awareness of our services throughout the community
- Provide Cancer Center leadership with the perspectives of patients, families, community members, volunteers, and employees
- Participate in cancer education programs and quality improvement projects
- Recognize staff, faculty, and volunteers
For more information,
read our bylaws. If you are interested in becoming a member,
download an application.
Members of the Patient and Family Advisory Council.