Online record reviews are one type of
second opinion offered by UC San Diego Health oncologists. They can help you make an informed decision about upcoming treatments or surgeries.
One of our medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, or surgical oncologists will review your records and send you a written opinion based on your materials. This service is easy and convenient, and helps you receive a second opinion without the hassle and expense of traveling.
Cancer Types Available for Online Records Reviews
Online records reviews are currently available for
head and neck cancers,
lung cancer and
pancreatic cancer. If you have a type of cancer that is not listed here, please see
Second Opinions for more information on our in-person and video appointments.
Head and neck cancers
- Oral cavity, including mouth, jaw and tongue
- HPV-related tonsil and base of tongue
- Pharynx and hypopharynx (throat)
- Laryn or voicebox
- Salivary glands
- Thyroid and parathyroid glands
- Skin cancers of the head and neck
- Skull base and ear
- Nasal cavity and nasopharynx
- Non-small cell lung cancer
- Small cell lung cancer (SCFE)
- Exocrine tumors
- Endocrine tumors
- Intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm (IPMN)
How Online Records Review Work
UC San Diego Health uses a secure online portal to receive your images and supporting documents and deliver a written review of your case. The cost is $350.
- Begin by creating an account on our
- Fill out the medical information form and follow the instructions to upload your medical records, including pathology reports, office notes, treatment summaries, imaging reports and other information.
- UC San Diego Health will notify you if we need any additional information. If your documents are complete, your case will be assigned to one of our oncologists.
- The UC San Diego oncologist reviews your documents and sends you a written report within seven business days.
- You will be notified that your consult is ready. You can log in, review your consultation from our physician, and then make an informed decision with your own physician.
- UC San Diego Health's registration team will contact you to verify your demographic information before our physician's report is filed in our records. This is for your privacy. Depending on your case, UC San Diego Health may also contact you to schedule any desired follow-up consultations.
Start your second opinion consult now