Most people with COVID-19 can recover at home without complications, though individual experiences can vary greatly.
Our telemedicine clinic is open to anyone in the community with a recent COVID-19 diagnosis. UC San Diego Health offers video visits and telephone consults for people with mild to moderate COVID-19.
These telehealth services may be especially helpful for people who:
- Are experiencing fear, anxiety or discomfort and need reassurance
- Have an underlying health condition, such as diabetes, high-blood pressure, heart disease or obesity
- Don't have a primary care physician
Benefits of Our Telemedicine Clinic
Since the pandemic began, we have conducted more than 1,000 telehealth consults for people with COVID-19. We have the experience and expertise to help you, too. We offer:
- Consults and care directed by an infectious disease team
- Daily nurse calls if requested
- Spanish speaking physician assistant and translator services
- Education to help you prevent the spread of COVID-19 to other household members
Schedule an Appointment
You may schedule an appointment if you have had a positive polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test for COVID-19 in the past seven days.
- If you were tested at a UC San Diego Health location, you will be referred to this telemedicine clinic for follow-up care.
- If you were tested elsewhere, you can self-refer to our clinic by calling
COVID-19 Telehealth Services
Our services include:
- An initial video visit or telephone consult with an infectious disease specialist to discuss your health status, including underlying chronic health conditions
- Follow-up video visits or telephone consults to monitor your health and recovery
- Referrals to other specialists or inpatient care if your symptoms worsen
- Medication management for symptom relief and treatment of other underlying health conditions
- Daily phone calls from a triage nurse if requested
- Support for anxiety associated with your COVID-19 diagnosis
- A potential opportunity to participate in clinical trials and research studies related to COVID-19
COVID-19 Testing and Symptoms
UC San Diego Health patients who are experiencing symptoms of the novel coronavirus or think they have COVID-19 should call our dedicated COVID-19 Nurse Line:
800-926-8273. This phone line is staffed 7 days a week from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. A nurse will ask questions to evaluate your potential risk for COVID-19 infection and identify the best course of action, including whether you should get tested. For more information, see
COVID-19 Testing and Screening.
Symptoms of SARS-CoV-2, a novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19, include fever, new cough, new shortness of breath or a recent loss of taste or smell. Read our coronavirus FAQs.
Coronavirus Clinical Trials
UC San Diego Health leads the region's efforts to prevent COVID-19 and improve people's outcomes. We are:
- The first health care system in San Diego to care for COVID-19 patients
- The first in San Diego to develop in-house COVID-19 testing
- One of only three medical centers in San Diego to participate in the nation's first Phase III COVID-19 trial
For more information on our clinical trials, visit COVID-19 clinical trials at UC San Diego
Your safety and well-being are our top priority. For the latest information about UC San Diego Health and COVID-19, visit
COVID-19 Information for Patients and Visitors.