A life-affirming course in conscious living
The course schedule consists of eight weekly classes and one daylong class on a weekend. This highly participatory, practical course includes:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Inquiry exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life
- Individually tailored instruction
- Group dialogue
- Daily home assignments
- Guided audio files for home practice and a workbook
The course is challenging and life-affirming. The instructors are accomplished and skilled at creating a safe, supportive, and deeply engaging learning environment that allows participants to seek, explore, and inquire.
In this program, you will learn:
- Articulate the key aspects of mindfulness as it relates to stress reduction, coping with pain and illness and enhancing well-being
- Differentiate MBSR from relaxation and other distraction techniques that may seem similar but are fundamentally and theoretically quite different in contending with difficulty and enhancing quality of life
- Practice and apply mindfulness techniques in both personal and professional settings as a means of contending more effectively with the demands of both settings
- Integrate mindfulness into social interaction with patients, colleagues, supervisors, family and friends to facilitate more effective and mindful communication
- Articulate the potential benefits of mindfulness-based stress reduction (and mindfulness in general) to educate patients and their families about the benefits of such programs in their own lives
- Implement brief mindfulness practices with patients and family members as a means of contending with acute pain, anxiety and distress.
NOTE: In order to participate in a Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction class, please review course expectations outlined on the
Practice & Learning Guidelines page. Once you have done this, review the upcoming
course schedule and you can register online. Please note that you save $50 if you register more than 30 days in advance for one of our classes.