UC San Diego Medical Center offers a 43-week dietetic internship with a Medical Nutrition Therapy concentration in a progressive academic medical center environment. As San Diego’s only academic medical center, UC San Diego Health is the region’s premier destination for those requiring complex multidisciplinary care. It includes hospitals and specialty care centers at two campuses (in La Jolla and Hillcrest) and outpatient clinics across San Diego County. For more information on each location, see
Under the supervision of Registered Dietitians, dietetic interns will rotate through experiences in clinical nutrition, food service management, ambulatory/community nutrition and research. Upon satisfactory completion of the internship, dietetic interns are eligible for active membership in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and to take the Registration Examination for Dietitians.
Get involved in our community on our
Congratulations to our 2016-2017 Class of Dietetic Interns:
- Katelyn Castro, Kansas State University
- Shirin Malek, Cal State University, Chico
- Marina Mattson, Lehman College of CUNY
- Jasmyn Ranjbari, California Polytechnic University, Pomona
- Alexandra Salcedo, San Diego State University
- Emily Smith, Bastyr University
How to Apply
The UC San Diego Medical Center Dietetic Internship Program uses the online centralized internship application, DICAS, and can be viewed in the
Application Procedure section.
For further information email Internship Director, Betty Garrity MPH, RD at
UC San Diego Medical Center Dietetic Internship Open House
Date: Wednesday, November 16, 2016
Time: 5:00-6:00 p.m.
Location: UC San Diego Medical Center-Hillcrest
Small Dining Conference Room, Arbor Café’, 1st floor main hospital
200 W. Arbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92103
Please RSVP to Betty Garrity MPH, RD Internship Director at:
For those unable to attend in person, we will have ReadyTalk conference capability via dial in or web login.
- Email Betty Garrity MPH, RD Internship Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for the Open House ReadyTalk option.
- On November 16th at 5:00 p.m. PST dial the toll free number at 1-866-740-1260
- Enter the following access code when prompted: 5433351 followed by #
- Open your confirmation email on your computer and click on the “Join Meeting” button or the Web Login link
- You will be muted during the presentation but able to hear the speaker.
- Questions may be typed in via the “Chat” option in ReadyTalk and answered after the presentation.
- ReadyTalk customer support may be reached at: 1-800-843-9166
Information about parking can be found