UC San Diego Health offers a 43-week dietetic internship with a Medical Nutrition Therapy concentration in a progressive academic medical center environment.
As the San Diego region’s only academic medical center, UC San Diego Health is the premier destination for those requiring complex multidisciplinary care. It includes hospitals, specialty care centers at two campuses (in La Jolla and Hillcrest) and several outpatient clinics across San Diego County. Find out more about our
locations and the medical specialties and services we offfer.
Under the supervision of registered dietitians, interns will rotate through experiences in clinical nutrition, food service management, ambulatory/community nutrition and research. Upon satisfactory completion of the internship, they are eligible for active membership in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and to take the Registration Examination for Dietitians.
The UC San Diego Health Dietetic Internship program is accredited by the
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Get involved in our community on
our Facebook page.
Congratulations to our 2019-2020 Class of Dietetic Interns:
- Zaineb Ali Hussain, California State University Northridge
- Megan Connolly, San Diego State University
- Hannah Gates, California State University, Chico
- Sophia Giovanetti, University of Vermont
- Matthew Jaime, California State University, Fresno
- Jasmine Hormati, Lehman College CUNY, Teachers College, Columbia University
- Kathleen Laxson, California State University, Sacramento
- Tracy Pompeo, San Diego State University
- Heeral Shivnani, University of California, Berkeley
- Kathryn Ward, San Diego State University
How to Apply
The UC San Diego Health Dietetic Internship uses the online centralized internship application, DICAS. Find out more about the
application procedure and requirements.
We will hold a dietetic internship open house in November 2020. Details will be available later.
For more information,
email internship director Betty Garrity, MPH, RD,.