UC San Diego Health offers a 10-month dietetic internship with a Medical Nutrition Therapy concentration in a progressive academic medical center environment.
As the San Diego region’s only academic medical center, UC San Diego Health is the premier destination for those requiring complex multidisciplinary care. It includes hospitals, specialty care centers at two campuses (in La Jolla and Hillcrest) and several outpatient clinics across San Diego County. Find out more about our
locations and the medical specialties and services we offer.
Under the supervision of registered dietitians, interns will rotate through experiences in clinical nutrition, food service management, ambulatory/community nutrition and research. Upon satisfactory completion of the internship, graduates will be eligible to take the registration examination for dietitians by the
Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
The UC San Diego Health Dietetic Internship program is accredited by the
Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND).
Get involved in our community on
our Facebook page.
Congratulations to our 2020-2021 Class of Dietetic Interns:
- Dolapo Balogun, University of San Francisco
- Rami Bejjani, San Diego State University
- Amy Brownstein, Simmons University
- Kristin Delaney, San Diego State University
- Elaheh Khostovan, San Francisco State University
- Brooke Robinson, Bastyr University
- Martin Rosas, Jr., San Diego State University
- Charity Slatnick, San Diego State University
- Viktoria Waite, University of Northern Colorado
- Molly Young, San Diego State University
How to Apply
The UC San Diego Health Dietetic Internship uses the online centralized internship application, DICAS. Find out more about the
application procedure and requirements.
We will hold a virtual open house for the dietetic internship on Wednesday, Nov. 17, 2021, from 5-6 p.m. Pacific time via Zoom.
- Zoom meeting ID: 818 5296 5042
- Password: 11172021
No RSVP is required. For more information, email Internship Director
Janine Doggett MS, RDN, CNSC.