UC San Diego Health offers a 31-week dietetic internship with a Medical Nutrition Therapy concentration in a progressive academic medical center environment.
As the San Diego region’s only academic medical center, UC San Diego Health is the premier destination for those requiring complex multidisciplinary care. It includes hospitals, specialty care centers at two campuses (in La Jolla and Hillcrest) and several outpatient clinics across San Diego County. Find out more about our
locations and the medical specialties and services we offfer.
Under the supervision of registered dietitians, interns will rotate through experiences in clinical nutrition, food service management, ambulatory/community nutrition and research. Upon satisfactory completion of the internship, they are eligible for active membership in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and to take the Registration Examination for Dietitians.
The UC San Diego Health Dietetic Internship program is accredited by the
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Get involved in our community on
our Facebook page.
Congratulations to our 2020-2021 Class of Dietetic Interns:
- Adriana Assenti, Johnson and Wales University
- Anita Daryanani, Arizona State University
- Christina Valdez, University of California, Davis
- Isabella Gallardo, San Diego State University
- Molly Ginsburg, San Diego State University
- Mandy Huynh, Point Loma Nazarene University
- Tiffany Lum, San Diego State University
- Morgan Robbins, University of Arizona
- Karina Navarro, San Diego State University
- Kimberly Fitzgerald, University of Michigan
How to Apply
The UC San Diego Health Dietetic Internship uses the online centralized internship application, DICAS. Find out more about the
application procedure and requirements.
We will hold a dietetic internship open house in November 2020. Details will be available later.
For more information email Internship Director
Janine Doggett MS, RDN, CNSC.