UC San Diego offers general birth control and family planning services through your
well woman provider, as well as expert care from physicians who specialize in family planning. We emphasize helping you choose the best options for your particular situation. Funding assistance is available for patients with financial barriers. Services include:
- Basic contraception consultation and services
- Emergency contraception
- Pregnancy testing and options counseling
- Implanon / Nexplanon insertions and removals
- Contraceptive injectables (Depo-Provera)
- IUD insertion (for women who have or have not given birth) and removal
- Miscarriage management
- Management of abnormal or unintended pregnancies
- Postpartum contraception
- Laparoscopic sterilization
- Essure hysteroscopic sterilizations (no incision)
Comprehensive Contraception Clinic
This unique program serves women who have complex medical issues (including epilepsy, bariatric surgery or uncontrolled diabetes) and would benefit from counseling about safe and highly effective contraceptive options. If you've been told not to become pregnant because of medical issues, we offer contraceptive advice based on the latest evidence from family planning experts.
To schedule an appointment, call 619-806-7108.