You may be a high-risk pregnancy patient if you have one of these conditions:
- Pregnancy with
twins or other multiples
- Personal or family history of birth defects
- Personal or family history of uterine or placental abnormalities
- History of complications with prior pregnancies
- Pregnancy with fetal growth issues or abnormalities
- Pregnancy with placental issues
- High blood pressure,
diabetes, cancer, heart disease, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, or an auto-immune disorder
- Recurrent miscarriage or pregnancy loss
- Possibility of pre-term delivery
High-Risk Pregnancy Care
Your maternity care may be overseen by a perinatologist if there is a condition that puts you, your baby, or both of you at higher-than-normal risk for complications during pregnancy or during or after birth.
UC San Diego Health has board-certified, nationally known experts ready to help with the most complex of pregnancies. We offer
comprehensive pregnancy management and the services you need, including pregnancy consultations, ultrasounds, fetal diagnosis, genetic testing, or counseling.