UC San Diego Health's adult attention deficit program is one of only a few in the world specializing in adult ADD and adult ADHD.
Our services include:
- A full psychological assessment
- A full neuropsychological assessment
- Psychopharmacological treatment
- Behavioral counseling
Behaviors That May Indicate Adult ADHD
Approximately 4.5 percent of the U.S. adult population is believed to have ADHD. Yet, few are diagnosed or receive the care they need for this treatable condition. This is, in part, because adults tend to manifest the disorder without the excessive physical energy and movement common in children.
Though the signs and severity of ADHD vary greatly among individuals, some behaviors associated with the disorder include:
- Difficulty finishing tasks
- Being impatient
- Being easily distracted or sidetracked
- Being prone to careless mistakes or absent minded
- Difficulty listening to others
- Difficulty concentrating while reading
- Poor organization skills
All people display these behaviors to some degree, but if you or others close to you feel that your relationships, job performance and quality of life are impaired, we encourage you to seek professional help. Most adults experience a significant improvement in their ADHD symptoms and quality of life when they receive appropriate treatment from a physician specializing in adult ADHD.