A Center of Excellence
We are proud to announce that Moores Cancer Center at UC San Diego Health has been designated an
American College of Radiology (ACR) Breast Imaging Center of Excellence.
We are committed to offering a comprehensive approach to breast health. Our breast imaging center is at the forefront of this initiative and provides diagnostic radiology services, including:
How Often Should You Get A Mammogram?
American Cancer Society recommends a yearly mammogram for all women age 40 and older. This routine screening mammogram takes approximately 15 minutes to perform. Learn more at
Mammography Saves Lives.
Breast Abnormalities That Need Medical Attention
You should be evaluated by your primary doctor and may be referred for a
molecular imaging if you have localized breast pain or a palpable abnormality such as:
- A lump
- Nipple discharge
- New skin or nipple changes
- Any other notable changes in your breasts
5 Reasons to Choose Our Breast Imaging Center
- We provide comprehensive breast imaging services in a warm and caring environment.
- Our breast imaging locations adhere to the
FDA Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA) requirements.
- We provide thorough evaluation including digital diagnostic and screening mammograms, breast ultrasound, breast MRI and
- You'll have access to procedures such as ultrasound biopsies, stereotactic biopsies, MRI-guided biopsies, breast-specific gamma imaging, and
breast needle localizations.
- Each member of our team is specially trained in breast imaging and providing the highest quality of care.