At UC San Diego Health, we provide evidence-based treatment that can help you to achieve your unique goals following neurological injury. Our team offers intensive, targeted rehabilitation services within an outpatient setting.
Our physical, occupational and speech therapists see patients with a wide range of diagnoses and injuries, including:
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Brain tumors
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Balance problems
- History of falls
- Vestibular disorders
- Other neurological disorders
Each person is evaluated to determine individual needs and treatment plan. Our team strives to maximize a person’s return to functional independence and an active and healthy lifestyle post-neurological injury.
To better serve our patients, our therapists have certification in:
- American physical therapy association (APTA) certification
- Vestibular therapy certification
- LSVT LOUD and BIG certification for voice and movement therapy for Parkinson’s disease (PD) and other conditions. Named after Lee Silverman, LSVT is a clinically proven voice therapy program for people with Parksinson's disease.
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation technique for swallowing-impaired individuals
- Assistive technology professional (ATP) specializing in wheelchair seating and mobility
- Saeboflex training to help assist stroke and brain-injured patients
They help support several interdisciplinary care groups including:
Our therapsists are also active in the community, and participate in events such as the Fighting Parkinson's Step by Step Parkinson’s 5K and the UC San Diego Brain Tumor Conference.