In this video, Dr. Douglas Chang shows seven simple exercises to help treat pack pain.
Orthopedic and sports physical therapy involves evaluation, prevention, treatment and rehabilitation
to help people develop, restore and maintain movement and functional ability. We are dedicated to providing comprehensive and multidisciplinary care to enable your recovery after an injury.
Performance enhancement is another goal of our sports physical therapists. A therapist may spend time teaching preventive techniques to athletes, families, coaches and even other physical therapists. Sports physical therapists work with doctors in the Sports Medicine Program to develop programs to help athletes manage pain and recuperate from injuries. They also play a role in assessing when someone is ready to return to physical activity.
- Knee injuries including ACL tears, runner’s knee and ITB syndrome
- Shoulder injuries including rotator cuff, labral, and instability problems
- Elbow problems (golfer’s elbow and lateral epicondylitis)
- Ankle sprains
- Hip impingement
- Back pain (spinal injuries)
- Pre and post-operative care
Programs and Services
- Specific home programs tailored to your needs
- Functional rehab and kinetic chain evaluation
- Active range of motion, stretching and strengthening exercises
- Manual techniques
- Pre- and post-operative care
- Patient and family education
- Return-to-sport recommendations