The hand specialists at UC San Diego Health are skilled in nonsurgical methods, minimally invasive techniques and leading-edge surgical therapies to treat acute and chronic conditions of the hand and upper extremity (wrist, elbow, shoulder).
We provide comprehensive care for each patient beginning with a precise diagnosis, followed by a tailored treatment plan that may include surgery and rehabilitation. Learn about our hand therapy program led by certified hand therapists.
What Are the Different Types of Hand Injuries We Treat?
Our hand surgeons provide care for a variety of conditions including:
- Arthritis of the hand and upper extremity
- Trigger finger
- Hand infection (cellulitis, necrotizing fasciitis)
- Lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
- Medical epicondylitis (golfer's and baseball elbow)
- Osteoarthritis of the hand and upper extremity
- Chronic wrist pain
- Traumatic injuries (severed nerves or limbs, crush injuries)
- Congenital hand conditions (polydactyl, syndactyl)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
- Dupuytren's contracture
- Neuropathy (nerve injury)
- Soft tissue injuries
- Replantations and reattachments of amputations
- Shoulder disorders (rotator cuff disease, adhesive capsulitis)
- Tendon injuries
- Benign and malignant tumors of the hand and upper extremity
- Fractures and dislocations