Our board-certified orthopedic physician assistants and nurse practitioners offer walk-in services and same-day appointments for common acute musculoskeletal injuries.
- Acute sports injuries
- All types of common broken bones (fractures) such as a broken wrist, arm, shoulder, clavicle, or a broken toe, foot, ankle or leg
- All types of common tendon and ligament injuries (sprains and strains) such as an AC sprain, rotator cuff sprain, or sprain of the wrist, hip, knee or ankle
- Bruises (contusions)
- Injuries caused by twists, falls or rolls
- Splinting, casting and bracing for fractures and sprains
- Steroid injections to treat acute inflammation in a joint or bursa
Advantages of Our Care
- No appointments needed
- Same-day appointments available.
Call: 858-657-8200 or schedule through MyUCSDChart
- Avoid higher co-pays and longer wait times of ER visits
- Free parking with validation
- Access to advanced specialty care services within UC San Diego Health, including in-house attending orthopedic surgeons and diagnostic radiologists with expertise in musculoskeletal imaging
Hours, Location, Payment
1 p.m. – 6 p.m., Monday – Friday (closed on holidays)
UC San Diego Health Sports Medicine
4520 Executive Drive, Suite Plaza 1
San Diego, CA 92121 (map and directions)
- We accept most PPO insurance plans, university-sponsored HMOs and UC San Diego student health plans.
- Visits are billed as a regular office appointment; patient co-pay is office visit rate.
- Our cash pay rate is $250 for an exam, splinting and casting. X-rays and durable medical equipment are billed separately.