UC San Diego Health offers sports nutrition consults for athletes of all levels — from Ironman triathletes to beginners embarking on their first 10k. Our sports dietician will help you develop a nutrition plan to support health, healing and performance.
Sports nutrition consultations are customized for your needs but can include:
- Counseling on optimal nutrition for recovery from injury or illness. This may include a meal plan to help you maintain weight while your activity level is low
- Counseling on achieving and maintaining weight/body composition (losing body fat or gaining lean mass) that is consistent with good health and performance
- Personalized advice on incorporating an anti-inflammatory diet to support joint health
- Guidance on optimizing nutrition to enhance performance. This includes meal and snack plans to support specific workouts, exercise intensity, body composition, recovery and performance goals. It may also include race-day fueling and hydration plans.
- Evaluation of current diet and activity level/intensity to determine areas that need improvement
Costs and Insurance
Sports nutrition counseling is often considered an out-of-pocket expense and may or may not be covered by insurance. Costs may be covered by a health savings account (HSA). Call us today at 844-377-7678 for more information.