Other Team Members
Other members of your team may include:
- Liver transplant coordinators, who are deeply involved in the transplant process and your care before, during and after transplantation. They will discuss any questions or concerns with you throughout the process, and will coordinate your pre and post transplant care.
- Liver transplant financial coordinator, to be your primary contact for insurance and financial issues related to organ transplantation.
- Liver transplant social worker, to help you handle challenges throughout the transplantation process. They are your contacts for issues regarding housing, work, relocating, transportation assistance, state disability, medication assistance, community support and more.
- Liver transplant dietician, who has specific training on the nutritional needs of people with liver diseases and how those nutritional needs change during and after transplantation. He/she will help you create a meal plan and understand food choices that provide the greatest nutritional benefit.
- Transplant pharmacist, who has extensive experience in the medications used to prevent rejection, infection and keep you healthy. They will help monitor your medications while you are in the hospital and at clinic visits and will teach you about each of the medications you are taking.