At UC San Diego Health System, the Internal Medicine Group specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating disease in adults. Our primary care physicians (PCPs) include both general internists and a wide range of medical subspecialists, who may specialize in a field such as cardiology, endocrinology, or hepatology. We work together to provide comprehensive care to adult patients.
High-Quality Primary Care
Top Docs in Internal Medicine
Congrats to UC San Diego physicians for earning Top Doc status in San Diego Magazine.
122 UC San Diego Health System physicians were named Best Doctors in the San Diego region. Read more.
Our goals are to:
- Provide you with excellent, patient-centered general internal medical care
- Give you access to both our general internists and our specialist teams to treat your chronic diseases
- Assure you that you will always have access to the right physician to address your specific health care needs
- Serve as your consultant in diagnosing and treating difficult, undifferentiated problems
Trust Us to Care for You
Each of our internal medicine physicians will offer you:
- Chronic disease management
- State-of-the-art care
- Acute-care treatment
- Urgent problems seen within one business day
- Health maintenance/preventive care
We have offices in Hillcrest and La Jolla. See locations and contact information.