Flu immunizations are available for UC San Diego Health patients, including the high-dose flu vaccine recommended for people over age 65.
Flu vaccines are your best shot at protecting yourself from influenza this flu season. Questions? Learn more about the flu vaccine in our Health Library.
Appointments Needed to Get Flu Shot
You must have an appointment to get a flu vaccine at UC San Diego Health. View the options below to call or schedule online at several locations throughout the county.
Pharmacies (Call for Appointment)
- Hillcrest: Medical Offices South pharmacy
4168 Front St., 1st Floor, San Diego, CA 92103
Available on Thursdays between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Call 619-543-5934 for an appointment.
- La Jolla: Moores Cancer Center pharmacy
3855 Health Sciences Drive, 1st Floor, La Jolla, CA 92037
Available on Mondays between 9 a.m. and noon
Call 858-822-6088 for an appointment.
Primary Care Clinics (Book Online or Call for Appointment)
Appointments are available Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- To make an appointment online, log into log into your MyUCSDChart account. Go to “Visits" and then select “Schedule an Appointment” and “Flu Vaccine.”
- You may also call 800-926-8273 to schedule an appointment.
- If you already have an upcoming appointment at one of our clinics, ask if the flu vaccine is available during your visit.
Same-Day Flu Shots at Express Care (Save Your Spot Online)
- This is available for ages 6 months and up.
- No walk-ins are accepted for flu shots. Instead, save your spot online for a same-day or next-day appointment.
- Appointments are available 8 a.m. – 7 p.m., 7 days a week (except holidays)
How to Schedule Your Flu Shot
Click the "Save My Spot" link below and select "Flu Shot" for the type of visit to view same-day or next-day appointment slots at all our Express Care locations in San Diego County.
Express Care Clinic Locations
- Downtown San Diego Express Care
203 West F St., San Diego, CA 92101
- Eastlake / Chula Vista Express Care
2295 Otay Lakes Road, Suite 110, Chula Vista, CA 91915
- Encinitas Express Care
1505 Encinitas Blvd., Encinitas, CA 92024
- Pacific Highlands Ranch Express Care
6030 Village Way, Suite 200, San Diego, CA 92130
- Rancho Bernardo Express Care
16950 Via Tazon, San Diego, CA 92127
- Vista Express Care
910 Sycamore Ave., Vista, CA 92081
Costs and Insurance
The cost of an annual flu shot is typically covered by medical insurance plans. Please have your insurance information available for verification when you schedule your appointment.
If you do not have insurance coverage, the self-pay costs are:
- $35 – Regular flu vaccine
- $75 – High-dose flu vaccine*
*Recommended for certain people over 65 years of age and some solid organ transplant recipients. If you are not sure if the high-dose flu vaccine is right for you, please discuss it with your health care provider or pharmacist before your appointment.
Received a Flu Shot Elsewhere?
If you receive your flu shot from a provider outside UC San Diego Health, please update your MyUCSDChart account so your doctor knows you're protected from the flu this season.
~ Log into your MyUCSDChart account.
~ Select "Menu," scroll down to the "My Record" section and click "Preventive Care."
~ Go to "Influenza Vaccine" and click "Mark as complete." In the pop-up window, enter the date you received your flu vaccine and click "Accept."
Or, at your next clinic visit, you can let your doctor know you got your flu shot and when you received it.