At UC San Diego Health, we provide evidence-based treatment that can help you to achieve your goals following neurological injury.
Our team offers intensive, targeted rehabilitation services within an outpatient setting.
Conditions We Treat
Our physical, occupational and speech therapists see patients with a wide range of diagnoses and injuries, including:
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Brain tumors
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Balance problems
- History of falls
- Vestibular disorders
- Other neurological disorders
Each person is evaluated to determine individual needs and treatment. Our team strives to maximize a person’s return to functional independence and an active and healthy lifestyle post-neurological injury.
Neuro Rehab Specialists with Advanced Training
Speech Therapy for Parkinson’s Disease
We offer speech therapy services to help individuals with Parkinson’s regain and maintain effective communication.
SPEAK OUT!® and The LOUD Crowd® can help patients maintain their communication skills throughout the progression of Parkinson’s.
To better serve our patients, our therapists have completed specialized training in areas specific to neurological rehabilitation, including:
- Board-certification in neurology
- Vestibular therapy certification
- LSVT LOUD and BIG certification for voice and movement therapy for Parkinson’s disease (PD) and other conditions. Named after Lee Silverman, LSVT is a clinically proven voice therapy program for people with Parkinson's disease.
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation technique for swallowing-impaired individuals
- Assistive technology professional (ATP) specializing in wheelchair seating and mobility
- SaeboFlex training to help assist stroke and brain-injured patients
We help support several interdisciplinary care groups including:
- ALS Care
- Stroke Care
- Movement Disorder Care
- Peripheral Nerve Disorder Care
- Neurovascular Grand Rounds
- Speech group (for people with impaired speech and cognition)
Our therapists are also active in the community and participate in events such as the Fighting Parkinson's Step by Step Parkinson’s 5K and the UC San Diego Brain Tumor Conference.