Education and Training
Training Programs for Health Care Professionals
Observation and Shadowing Opportunities
Individuals age 18 and up who would like to observe health care operations at UC San Diego Health should follow these procedures.
In the United States
- All potential observers must have a formal request sent on their behalf to the Observer Program.
- The request must come from a representative of the sponsoring department or program you wish to observe.
- UC San Diego Health cannot facilitate these introductions. Please locate the department or program you are interested in observing to obtain their administrative contact information.
- The expected turnaround time for processing and approving requests is at least 10 business days.
- Email the Observer Program if you need more information.
Outside the United States
- Contact Health Sciences International for information: email@example.com
More Learning Opportunities
Other opportunities for students may be available, including:
- High School Research Scholars Program at UC San Diego
- Opportunities in various departments. Search the UC San Diego School of Medicine website to find the area you're interested in.
UC San Diego School of Medicine Training Opportunities
- Residency Programs
- Fellowship Programs
- Ph.D. and Master's Degree Programs
- Departments at UC San Diego School of Medicine
Opportunities vary by department. See the Education section of each department's website.
- Health Sciences International
Professional development and training for international health professionals and medical students
- Visiting Students
Programs for visiting senior undergraduate medical students.
- Office of Graduate Medical Education
- Office of Postdoctoral and Research Scholar Affairs , UC San Diego
- Medical Scientist Training Program
Education and Training for UC San Diego Health Employees
At UC San Diego Health, we encourage our health care professionals to pursue continuing education and professional development opportunities whenever possible. We believe that learning should be a lifelong endeavor.
- Continuing Medical Education (CME)
- Division of Medical Education , UC San Diego School of Medicine
- UC San Diego Nursing Department of Education, Development and Research
- CREST – Clinical Research Enhancement Through Supplemental Training
- UC San Diego Nursing
UC San Diego Extension Programs
- Master’s Degree Program in Clinical Research
- Master’s Degree Program in the Leadership of Healthcare Organizations
- Extension classes in Biological, Pharmaceutical and Marine Sciences
- Extension courses and certificates in Healthcare and Behavioral Sciences (includes nursing programs)
- Spanish for Healthcare Professionals