Policies and Notices
- Notice of Privacy Practices Related to Medical Information
This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
- Notificación de practicas de Privacidad
Esta notificación describe cómo información médica acerca de usted se puede usar y puede ser revelada y cómo usted puede obtener acceso a esta información. Por favor revísela detenidamente.
Website Statements and Notices
- Website Privacy Statement
- Legal Notices and Disclaimers
- Website Accessibility Notice
Read about our commitment to continually improving our site for all users.
Patient Care Policies and Notices
- Getting Care at Affiliated Organizations
This interim policy informs patients of their abilities and rights if a UC San Diego Health provider refers them to an organization with service-restricting policies.
- Patient Rights and Responsibilities
As a health care consumer, you have important patient rights to ensure that you receive the health care you deserve.
- HMO Authorizations and Referrals
This page includes Managed Care policies regarding confidential use of patient Social Security numbers.
- Financial Assistance Program (Charity Care)
This page offers information about financial assistance, charity care, and discounts.
- How to Report of Sexual Harassment and Notice of Nondiscrimination
Read about our commitment to the principle of treating each community member with respect and dignity.
- California End of Life Option Act: Physician Aid in Dying (PDF)
Read our policy on how we comply with The California End of Life Option Act (SB 380), which allows adult patients with a terminal illness to request a medication that will hasten their death.
- Crisis Care Continuum Guidelines (PDF)
We are optimistic that we will not reach the point during the COVID-19 pandemic where allocation of scarce critical resources under crisis standards of care is necessary. If San Diego County reaches this level of crisis, this Crisis Standard of Care policy outlines the plan that UC San Diego Health will follow working within the University of California Critical Care Bioethics Working Group framework.