Transfers, Referrals and Consultations
Physician Access Services
Timely communication with referring physicians is a top priority
Through our dedicated phone line for health care providers, you can speak with a UC San Diego Health representative who respects your relationship with your patients. Together, we can help identify the best course of action, whatever that may be.
When you make an outpatient referral, you will receive follow-up communication (consultation notes, discharges, etc.), as well as access to our electronic medical record system. Referral options:
- Call 855-543-0555 and our team will register and schedule your referred patient. Our phones are open Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Refer patients through our online referral form.
- Fax your referral to 888-539-8781. See instructions for faxing referrals.
- For international physician referrals, see How to Become an International Patient.
- Call 619-543-5709 to speak to a transfer coordinator (open 24 hours)
- View instructions for submitting a hospital-to-hospital transfer.
If you need to talk with one of our physicians about a case or if you have any problems or concerns, please contact us at 855-543-0555.