Research & Clinical Trials
The Neurological Institute at UC San Diego Health is a research powerhouse. We offer people access to groundbreaking treatments, therapies and diagnostic techniques in neurology.
Our physician-scientists are active in numerous research projects and clinical studies. For example, our neurosurgeons and neurologists are examining:
- Blood-brain barrier
- Cancer vaccines for glioma
- New treatments for aneurysm
- Neural stem cell transplantation
- The efficacy of continuous peripheral nerve blocks in the hospital and at home
- Advances in intracranial stereotactic radiosurgery
- Development of new endoscopic, minimally invasive surgical approaches to treat neurological conditions
- Brain tumor stem cells and what they reveal about brain cancer
- Improved imaging technology to detect neurodegeneration
Clinical trials are highly regulated health research studies that move advances in the treatment of disease forward into clinical practice. They offer people the chance to receive newly developed therapies and provide crucial information for improving care.
The Neurological Institute is currently conducting clinical trials related to a broad spectrum of neurological diseases and conditions. Find clinical trials at UC San Diego Health that are currently seeking participants.
Also see the Altman Clinical Translational Research Institute (ACTRI) for more information on clinical research in the health sciences.
View titles and abstracts of scientific articles written by UC San Diego Health neuro specialists.