Sports Physical Therapy
A sports physical therapist is an expert in evaluating, treating and preventing sports injuries.
Your sports therapist may help you develop, restore and maintain movement and functional ability and may help you enhance your sports performance through targeted exercise. Your therapist may play a role in assessing when you are ready to return to physical activity.
Your sports medicine physician or orthopedic surgeon may refer you to sports physical therapy for a range of injuries or conditions, including:
- Knee injuries including ACL tears, runner’s knee and ITB syndrome
- Shoulder injuries including rotator cuff, labral, and instability problems
- Elbow problems (golfer’s elbow and lateral epicondylitis)
- Ankle sprains
- Hip impingement
- Back pain (spinal injuries)
- Pre and post-operative care