For the best protection against the COVID-19 virus, everyone 6 months and older should stay up-to-date with COVID-19 vaccines, including boosters if eligible.
That means completing a COVID-19 vaccine primary series and receiving the most recent booster dose recommended for you by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
For more information about COVID-19 vaccines, please check the CDC website for the latest guidance. UC San Diego Health patients may also contact their primary care provider or call 800-926-8273.
Where to Find COVID-19 Vaccines
UC San Diego Health is currently not offering COVID-19 vaccines. However, COVID-19 vaccines are free and widely available in pharmacies, grocery stores and other locations in your neighborhood. If you are looking for a vaccine, we suggest:
- Find a nearby location through vaccines.gov or MyTurn
- View ways to find other vaccine providers
Digital Vaccine and Testing Records
If you’re a UC San Diego Health patient, you can see information about all your vaccine doses and access a digital copy of your COVID-19 vaccine records or COVID-19 test results through the MyUCSDChart patient portal. You'll be able to generate a QR code that can soon be read by participating organizations or download a PDF record of your vaccine doses.
The digital vaccine record is also known as a SMART Health Card. It is similar to the digital vaccine record available through the state of California, but you may find the MyUCSDChart version easier to access, especially if you have proxy accounts through MyChart for children or other family members.
To see your vaccine doses and access the QR code for your vaccine record or test results:
- Log into MyUCSDChart or open the MyUCSDHealth app on a smartphone or tablet and select MyUCSDChart.
- Go to the Menu at the top left. Under My Record, select "COVID-19." (You can also find vaccine records under "Immunizations & Screenings," but the QR codes and PDF downloads are not offered in that area of MyUCSDChart.)
- Select "QR codes" to generate a QR code or select "Download/Export" to generate a PDF copy of your results
How to Update Your Digital Records
If you received your COVID-19 vaccine doses outside of UC San Diego Health, we may have already received vaccine records from other vaccination locations in California and automatically updated your medical records.
If not, you can send a message to your primary care provider through your MyUCSDChart account once you have received both doses. Log into MyUCSDChart and select "Messaging," then "Send a Message." Please attach a photo of your vaccine card and include the dates and the type of vaccine you received.
Learn More About COVID-19 vaccines
- San Diego County's vaccine hub
- California Department of Public Health's vaccine information
- CDC’s FAQs on getting vaccinated for the novel coronavirus
Other COVID-19 Information from UC San Diego Health
- For information for patients and visitors, go to ucsd.edu/covid.
- If you need care for other reasons, please visit our Make an Appointment page.
Helpful Videos About COVID-19 Vaccines
COVID-19 Booster and Vaccines: Doctor Answers Your Questions
Refuerzo y Vacunas COVID-19: Un Doctor Responde sus Preguntas