Administrative Fellowship: How to Apply
The current cycle for the 2023-2024 Administrative Fellowship has closed. The application for the 2024-2025 Administrative Fellowship position will open sometime in August/September 2023.
The application will require the following documents:
- Current and official graduate school academic transcript
- Two letters of recommendation, one from each of the following:
- One-page, single-spaced personal statement which addresses career goals, why you are applying to UC San Diego Health, and what you hope to gain from the Administrative Fellowship program.
Please follow these guidelines when submitting the above documents on our application portal.
- Consolidated PDF of a current resume and official Graduate School transcripts uploaded to the "Resume" section
- Consolidated PDF of personal statement and two letters of recommendation uploaded to the "Cover Letter" section
- Letters may be addressed to "To Whom It May Concern" or "UC San Diego Health Administrative Fellowship Selection Committee." However, there is no strict requirement.
- Applicants must graduate with an accredited MHA, MHSA, MBA, MPH, MSN, MS or equivalent between July 1, 2021, and July 1, 2023
- Demonstrate excellent leadership, analytical, and interpersonal communication skills
- Graduate school GPA of 3.5 or higher is preferred
- Please note: UC San Diego is not supporting international visas for this position. We do accept international candidates who are eligible for optional practical training to apply for the Administrative Fellowship.
- Late July to early August: Application Opens
- July and August: Two informational webinars will be held with current preceptors, current fellows, and fellowship alumni.
- Friday, September 30: Application deadline at 11:59 PM (PST). All applications completed before this deadline will be reviewed and considered
- Early October: First-round video interviews with the Administrative Fellowship Selection Committee
- Mid to late October: Final round of interviews. Decisions will be made and offers extended that same week.
- 1 to 2 fellows based on merit and organizational capacity