We encourage you to become a volunteer at UC San Diego Health. Our volunteers play an integral role in assisting our staff in their activities of patient care, education and research.
Many of our volunteers say their experiences at UC San Diego Health have been highly rewarding and personally fulfilling, and sometimes, life-changing.
Apply to Volunteer at UC San Diego Health
If you are considering applying to be a UC San Diego Health volunteer, you will need to:
- Be at least age 16 and older
- Be available to start immediately
- Commit to a minimum of 100 hours of service over a six- to seven-month period
Donations to Help Patients at UC San Diego Health
Many service groups, youth groups, churches and individuals in the community have requested ways to assist our patients from home. We appreciate this thoughtfulness and graciously accept donations of these items. Please call 619-543-6370 if you have any questions or would like to schedule a donation drop-off. Or see our Amazon wish list below.
Coloring books and colored pencils for adults
Individual activities/crafts for adults (small items)
Magazines published in the last six months (unused)
Reading glasses (new)
More Ways to Help
- Online donations: View our Amazon wish list for an easy and convenient way to help our patients.
- Other opportunities: See Giving to UC San Diego Health.