Financial Assistance and Payment Plans
We know that the financial aspects of health care treatment can be challenging and stressful.
We will work with all eligible patients to help them receive medically necessary care at UC San Diego Health.
Depending on your household income and family size, you may qualify for financial assistance. The discount percentage is determined by a sliding scale. Those with a family income at or below 200 percent of federal poverty guidelines (FPG) generally qualify for a 100 percent discount. Those with a family income of 200 percent to 400 percent of federal poverty guidelines generally qualify for a partial discount.
Financial assistance is available to those with or without healthcare insurance. Please note that to qualify for assistance, patients with insurance must have incurred health care costs amounting to at least 10 percent of their family income, either at UC San Diego Health or with receipts if incurred elsewhere.
|Family Size||100% Charity Assistance Income Level for 2023|
|More than 8||Add $5,140 for each additional person|
How to Apply
- Fill out the financial assistance application, including any required documents (such tax returns, earning statements, current government benefits). To receive an application, call 855-827-3633 or use these links:
Financial Assistance Application - English
Financial Assistance Application - Spanish
- Complete all required documents, including:
- Copy of individual tax return (1040) for current tax year
- Copy of two most recent pay stubs
- Copy of three most recent bank statements (checking and/or savings)
- Return applications and documents to:
- UC San Diego Health, Financial Assistance Team
- 6200 Greenwich Drive, Suite 100
- San Diego, CA 92122
- Fax: 619-471-0403
- Email: email@example.com
- For questions about financial assistance, call 855-827-3633, 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday.
Discounts for Self-Pay Patients
Self-pay patients who do not qualify for financial assistance will automatically receive a discount equal to 45 percent of the estimated gross charges for many qualifying services.
For patients with high-cost medical plans who do not qualify for financial assistance, we can offer reasonable payment plans. For more information, call 855-827-3633.