- Priority is assessed by the social and medical needs of the family, occupancy levels, and distance traveled to obtain treatment. Additionally:
- The patient must be receiving care at UC San Diego Health
- Must meet minimum stay requirements
- Guests must be 18+ years old or accompanied by an adult
- Outpatient guests must have a caregiver 18+ years old accompanying them at all times
- One room per patient family allowed
- Guests must be ambulatory; Houses are not medical facilities
- Pets are not allowed (please contact staff regarding Service Animals)
If you meet these criteria, you will be placed on a waiting list, and we will assign a room to you as accommodations become available. Priority is given to a patient's life-threatening circumstances as opposed to procedural surgeries and diagnostic testing.
Bannister Family House (Hillcrest)
Bannister Family House accommodates families with patients undergoing treatment at UC San Diego Health's Hillcrest locations, including UC San Diego Medical Center.
- Minimum stay is three nights.
- Guest room with one bed (sleeps a maximum of three people, including babies and children): $40 per night.
- Guest room with two beds (sleeps a maximum of five people, including babies and children): $50 per night.
La Jolla Family House (La Jolla)
- Minimum stay is three nights for hotel-style rooms and five nights for two-bedroom apartments.
- Guest room with two beds (sleeps a maximum of four people, including babies and children): $65 per night.
- Two-bedroom apartment: (sleeps a maximum of five people, including babies and children): $85 per night.