Bannister Family House and La Jolla Family House provide comfortable and affordable housing for families or friends of UC San Diego Health patients. We offer one room per patient family.
- You are a family member or friend of a patient who is receiving care through UC San Diego Health.
- You live 65+ miles away from UC San Diego Health hospitals.
- You meet the minimum night requirement: three nights (Bannister Family House) and five nights (Hospitality Suites).
- The patient's social worker has completed a lodging referral for you.
If you meet these criteria, you will be placed on a waiting list, and we will assign a room to you as accommodations become available. Priority is given to a patient's life-threatening circumstances as opposed to procedural surgeries and diagnostic testing.
Please note: There are no medical services provided at either of our locations. In some cases, a patient who has been discharged but still needs to be near a hospital may move into a room with a caregiver if the patient's doctor determines it is medically necessary.
Bannister Family House (Hillcrest)
Bannister Family House accommodates families with patients undergoing treatment at UC San Diego Health's Hillcrest locations, including UC San Diego Medical Center.
- Minimum stay is three nights.
- Room with one bed (sleeps a maximum of three people, including babies and children): $40 per night.
Room with two beds (sleeps a maximum of five people, including babies and children): $50 per night.
Bannister Family House Hospitality Suites (La Jolla)
The Bannister Family House has partnered with ARCH UCSD Housing and currently has two 2-bedroom hospitality suites in La Jolla. These apartments house families with patients undergoing treatment at UC San Diego Health's La Jolla locations, including Jacobs Medical Center, Moores Cancer Center, and Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center.
- Minimum stay is five nights.
- 2-bedroom fully furnished suite (one bedroom with a full-size bed, one bedroom with a queen-size bed, a full kitchen, and a dining and living room area): $50 per night.