Your voice matters. Your views help us improve the patient and family experience.
Partners in Care
The Women and Infants Services Patient and Family Advisory Council (PAFAC) is your advocate. We are a group of patients, providers and staff committed to ensuring that patient and family perspectives are heard. In partnership with UC San Diego Health leadership, we examine and incorporate patient and family feedback to improve the safety, quality and overall experience for patients and their families.
Our Purpose and Goals
By integrating patient and family feedback into improvement efforts, the council makes patient- and family-centered care come to life — weaving this culture into the infrastructure of the organization. Our purpose and goals are to:
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and program development that will benefit patients and family members
- Strengthen patient- and family-centered care through initiatives that provide comfort, information, advocacy tools, new ideas and resources to patients and family members
- Improve the quality of care through informative discussions with UC San Diego Health administration and staff
- Promote better communication between staff, and patients and family members
- To be solution-oriented, improve clinical outcomes, and increase satisfaction, quality and safety of care
- Improve the overall patient and family member experience
How to Participate
If you or a loved one has received medical care at UC San Diego Health, we invite you to consider joining the Council.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Women and Infants Services Patient and Family Advisory Council!