Our partnership with patients and families helps us lead the way in embedding the patient voice in every aspect of our care. The Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) unifies patients, family and team members to enhance the experience for everyone, evaluate strategies and improve quality and safety outcomes. UC San Diego Health PFAC members are a valued part of our care team.
To lead the way in patient-centered care where everyone feels acknowledged, respected, and valued throughout their healthcare journey.
Our Purpose and Goals
The Patient and Family Advisory Council partners with UC San Diego Health to:
- Improve the experience of patients, their loved ones, guests and team members
- Strengthen programs and processes
- Provide the patient voice by participating in organizational initiatives, process improvement and acting as ambassadors to the San Diego community
- Enhance communication and patient education
- Emphasize the importance of justice, diversity, equity, inclusion and transparency in patient centered care
- Focus on delivering high quality care in a holistic and systemic way
How to Participate
If you or a loved one has received medical care at UC San Diego Health, we invite you to consider joining our Council.
- Please complete this interest form or email us at
firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Council members will review your completed interest form and reach out regarding next steps.
- The Council meets monthly (currently via Zoom).
- Members are asked to commit to a two-year term.
Staff Chair: Layah Blacksberg
Community Chair: Julie Cooke
PFAC Coordinator: Crystal Soberg