Moores Cancer Center is pioneering the next generation of
cancer immunotherapies – drugs that harness the body's immune system to kill cancer cells.
At the Precision Immunotherapy Clinic, part of the renowned
Experimental Therapeutics Program, our physician-scientists offer the most promising new immunotherapies to people who have not responded to standard cancer treatments. We provide:
- Highly personalized treatments that incorporate information about your DNA, immune cells, and the molecular characterization of your tumor
- Access to pilot research studies and early-stage phase 1 and phase 2 clinical trials of innovative therapies, many based on discoveries made at UC San Diego School of Medicine
- A coordinated multidisciplinary team approach to care that makes it possible to deliver, study and modify personalized care at one convenient La Jolla location.
Cancers Treated with Experimental Immunotherapies
The focus of our clinic currently is on treating nearly all solid-tumor cancers that have traditionally been the most difficult to treat, including:
- Breast cancer
- Colon and rectal cancers
- Cervical, ovarian, endometrial and vaginal cancers
- Gastric cancers
- Gastrointestinal (GI) cancers such as pancreatic cancer and liver cancer
- Head, neck and thyroid cancers such as salivary cancer and glioblastoma (GBM)
- Neuroendocrine tumors (NETs)
- Urologic cancers such as prostate cancer, bladder cancer and kidney cancer
- Metastatic or advanced cancers of all types
Become a Patient
If you have a solid-tumor cancer that is responding to treatment, you may be eligible to receive care through participation in one of our immunotherapy research studies or clinical trials. To be screened by a clinical trials coordinator, please call 858-534-7613.