UC San Diego Health now uses genetic testing to analyze tumors and tailor cancer treatments to individual patients.
Center for Personalized Cancer Therapy.
We offer leading-edge approaches to the diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis of urologic cancers and other genitourinary diseases, including:
Because urologic cancers often require a variety of treatments, your care team may include urologic surgeons, medical oncologists and radiation oncologists. We have the clinical knowledge and collaborative approach to provide you with the optimal therapy based on your unique case.
Our cancer and urology programs are each ranked among the top 50 in the nation by
U.S. News & World Report.
As a patient, you have access to some of the country’s leading urologic cancer experts and a wide range of cancer care services, including:
- Screening examinations
- Transrectal ultrasound and biopsy
- Diagnostic imaging
- Second opinions for those with a diagnosis of urological cancer
- Access to new or investigational treatment regimens
- Personalized psychosocial assessment and support program
- Management of treatment-induced changes in urinary control or sexual function
- Financial and insurance counseling
- Cancer nutritional counseling
- Risk and prevention genetic counseling
- Surgical options to preserve urinary continence, fertility, and sexual function for selected patients with cancers of the bladder, testis, and prostate
- All types of
radiation oncology treatment options to target the cancer while preserving healthy tissue