Schedule update: The Resource Center is currently open only for limited hours. If you need materials or comfort items from the Resource Center, please leave a message at 858-822-6152 and we will return your call.
The Moores Cancer Center Patient and Family Resource Center is a dedicated space for patients, caregivers and community members. You are invited to visit and learn more about cancer diagnoses, treatment options, symptom management and side effects, clinical trials, nutrition, coping, caregiving, self-care and a variety of related topics.
Support and comfort Items available to patients and community members include:
- Various comfort items such as lap blankets, pillows and hats
- Educational brochures, videos, and books (in English and Spanish)
- Complimentary reading material
- Computers with online access to the most comprehensive and credible websites for cancer information and community resources
- Trained volunteer staff, many of them cancer survivors
Classes and Events
Become a Volunteer
Patient and Family Resource Center volunteers are dedicated individuals who recognize the need to help others during this difficult time. Many volunteers are cancer survivors, caregivers and friends or family members of cancer patients. These special individuals have a unique perspective on the cancer experience and provide our patients with valuable information, resources and support.
All volunteer candidates are interviewed and given extensive training to work in the Patient and Family Resource Center.
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please contact UC San Diego Health Volunteer Services or call 619-543-6370 for more information.