Sports and orthopedic physical therapy involves evaluation, prevention, treatment and rehabilitation
to help people develop, restore and maintain movement and functional ability. We are dedicated to providing comprehensive care to enable your recovery after an injury.
Performance enhancement is another goal of our sports physical therapists. A therapist may spend time teaching preventive techniques to athletes, families, coaches and even other physical therapists. Sports physical therapists work with orthopedic and sports medicine doctors to develop programs to help athletes manage pain and recuperate from injuries. They also play a role in assessing when someone is ready to return to physical activity.
- Knee injuries including ACL tears, runner’s knee and ITB syndrome
- Shoulder injuries including rotator cuff, labral, and instability problems
- Elbow problems (golfer’s elbow and lateral epicondylitis)
- Ankle sprains
- Hip impingement
- Back pain (spinal injuries)
- Pre and post-operative care
Programs and Services
If you are a climber who has a climbing-related injury, we can help.
Physical therapist Jason Hooper, DPT, offers tailored treatments for pulley strains or ruptures, flexor tendon tears and collateral ligament strains, as well as other climbing injuries. He can also test your strength and function to make sure it is safe for you to return to your sport.
- Specific home programs tailored to your needs
- Functional rehab and kinetic chain evaluation
- Active range of motion, stretching and strengthening exercises
- AlterG Antigravity Treadmill exercise for unloaded lower body rehabilitation
- Tailored rehab for injuries sustained during, or related to, rock climbing and bouldering
- Manual techniques
- Pre- and post-operative care
- Patient and family education
- Return-to-sport recommendations