UC San Diego Health offers the most advanced imaging technology and procedures including:
- 3T magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) which provides twice the field strength of standard scanners
- Breast MRI for monitoring cancer patients and screen women at high risk.
- MRI-guided ultrasound for shrinking uterine fibroids and reducing pain from cancer metastasis to the bone.
- MRI with ultra-short TE imaging to monitor early-stage arthritis and diagnose multiple sclerosis.
- 320- and 64-slice CT to noninvasively view coronary arteries and check for blockages.
- PET-CT for early diagnosis and treatment planning of cancer and dementias.
- Nuclear medicine procedures to treat cancer.