UC San Diego Health encourages you to become a volunteer. Our volunteers play an integral role in assisting our staff in their activities of patient care, education and research.
At the same time, many of our volunteers say their experiences at UC San Diego Health have been highly rewarding, personally fulfilling and sometimes life-changing.
Apply to Volunteer at UC San Diego Health
If you are considering applying to be a UC San Diego Health volunteer, you will need to:
- Be at least age 16 and older
- Be available to start immediately
- Commit to a minimum of 100 hours of service over a six- to seven-month period
Experience is not required; just bring your enthusiasm.
Frequently Asked Questions about Volunteering
+ Expand All
Donations to Help Patients at UC San Diego Health
Many service groups, youth groups, churches and individuals in the community have requested ways to assist our patients from home. We appreciate this thoughtfulness and graciously accept donations of the following:
- Blank journals or magazines published in the last six months
- Coloring books, crayons and colored markers for children or adults
- Hats (knitted or crocheted) for newborns
- Blankets for newborns and adults
- Playing cards
- Phone chargers
- Reading glasses (new)
- Other items on
Amazon wish list
619-543-6370 if you have any questions or would like to schedule a donation drop-off. For other giving opportunities, see:
Giving to UC San Diego Health.