Birth Control and Family Planning
When it comes to birth control and family planning, we focus on helping you choose the best options for your own situation.
UC San Diego offers general birth control and family planning services through your well-woman provider, as well as expert care from physicians who specialize in family planning. Funding assistance is available for patients with financial barriers.
Our team includes experienced gynecologists and certified nurse-midwives who can advise you about the best birth control method to meet your individual needs and goals.
Birth Control and Family Planning Services
- Basic contraception consultation and services
- Complex contraception consultation and services
- Emergency contraception
- Pregnancy testing and options counseling
- Abortion care
- Contraceptive injectables (Depo-Provera)
- IUD insertion (for women who have or have not given birth) and removal
- Miscarriage management
- Management of abnormal or unintended pregnancies
- Postpartum contraception
- Laparoscopic sterilization
We offer telehealth contraception and virtual visits in addition to in-person appointments.
If you have fertility-related challenges, our fertility care team can help you by providing initial evaluations, diagnostic testing and a range of personalized treatment options.