Birth Control and Abortion Care
When it comes to birth control and abortion care, we focus on helping you choose the best options for your own situation.
UC San Diego offers general birth control and abortion care services through your well-woman provider, as well as expert care from physicians who specialize in family planning. Funding assistance is available for patients with financial barriers.
Our team includes experienced gynecologists and certified nurse-midwives who can advise you about the best birth control methods and abortion care to meet your individual needs and goals.
Birth Control and Family Planning Services
- Basic contraception consultation and services
- Complex contraception consultation and services
- Emergency contraception
- Pregnancy testing and options counseling
- Abortion care
- Contraceptive injectables (Depo-Provera)
- IUD placement (for women who have or have not given birth) and removal
- Miscarriage management
- Management of abnormal or unintended pregnancies
- Postpartum contraception
- Permanent female contraception (tubes tied)
We offer telehealth contraception and virtual visits in addition to in-person appointments.