Breast Pump Rental
If you need extra support to initiate, build and maintain breast milk production, we offer rentals of hospital-grade breast pumps.
A hospital-grade pump has a stronger, more powerful motor that provides stronger suction and more efficient pumping than regular pumps.
This service is open to patients, UC San Diego Health employees and community members.
How to Rent a Breast Pump
The Medela Symphony Plus, a hospital-grade breast pump that provides single or double pumping, is available at both of our hospital gift shops. Replacement parts and support items, such as breast shields and nursing pads, are also available for purchase.
- Rent your pump and supplies online, then pick up your order at one of our hospital gift shops. You can call to schedule a pickup or drop-off time. See gift shop locations, hours and phone numbers.
- Pump rentals include pumps only. Personal pump kits may also be purchased online when you rent your pump.
- Pump rental is $30 for 7 days, $90 for 30 days, or $225 for 3 months. Payment is made in advance by credit card. You can request an extension of the rental timeframe at the same link.
Meet Our Outpatient Lactation Specialists
After you leave the hospital, you might need extra support from one of our lactation experts:
- Michelle L. Leff, MD, IBCLC, FAAP– pediatrician and certified lactation consultant
- Piper Sandel, MD, MPH – pediatrician and certified lactation consultant
- Eyla Boies, MD – pediatrician specializing in premature infants and breastfeeding
- Erin H. Walsh, MA, CCC-SLP, IBCLC, BCS-S – speech-language pathologist and lactation consultant