Contact Us Sports medicine: 844-377-7678
Become a Patient How to switch your care to UC San Diego Health
For Referring Physicians Transfers, referrals and consultations
UC San Diego Health offers sports nutrition consults for athletes of all levels — from Ironman triathletes to beginners embarking on their first 10k.
Our sports dietitian will help you develop a nutrition plan to support health, healing and performance.
Sports Nutrition Services
Sports nutrition consultations are customized for your needs but can include:
- Counseling on optimal nutrition for recovery from injury or illness. This may include a meal plan to help you maintain weight while your activity level is low.
- Counseling on achieving and maintaining weight/body composition (losing body fat or gaining lean mass) that is consistent with good health and performance
- Personalized advice on incorporating an anti-inflammatory diet to support joint health
- Guidance on optimizing nutrition to enhance performance. This includes meal and snack plans to support specific workouts, exercise intensity, body composition, recovery and performance goals. It may also include race-day fueling and hydration plans.
- Evaluation of current diet and activity level/intensity to determine areas that need improvement
Costs & Insurance
Sports nutrition counseling is often considered an out-of-pocket expense and may or may not be covered by insurance. Costs may be covered by a health savings account (HSA). Call us today at 844-377-7678 for more information.