Brain Aneurysm Care
If you’re looking for experts to diagnose and treat a brain aneurysm, you need highly trained and experienced neurosurgeons. Turn to our team at UC San Diego Health to help you achieve the best outcome to meet your needs.
As part of the Neurological Institute at UC San Diego Health, we provide comprehensive care informed by the latest research, often conducted by our own doctors.
Treatment Options for a Brain Aneurysm
A brain (cerebral) aneurysm is a weak bulging spot in the wall of a brain artery. If it leaks or ruptures, it can cause bleeding in the brain and a possible stroke.
We use the latest diagnostic methods to provide customized treatment for each patient, including:
Advanced Minimally Invasive, Catheter-based (Endovascular) Methods
- Flow diversion (pipeline) using a stent to divert the blood flow away from aneurysm
- Endovascular coiling for embolization to directly block the aneurysm
- Intrasaccular devices (WEB) to block the aneurysm
- Clipping to block blood flow into the aneurysm
- Extracranial-intracranial bypass (EC-IC bypass) for fusiform aneurysms requiring reconstruction of a diseased vessel segment
Our Aneurysm Care Team
Our team includes neurosurgeons who specialize in the treatment of brain aneurysms. They are equipped with the most advanced neuro-imaging and monitoring technology available.