If you need same-day care from experienced doctors, visit UC San Diego Health's Urgent Care clinic in La Jolla. Walk in or save your spot online.
Get expert diagnosis and treatment for conditions that are not life-threatening but should be treated within 24 hours. These include sprains, falls, flu, dehydration, vomiting and other conditions.
Note: The "Save My Spot" feature allows you to select a time frame for your visit so we can plan for your arrival. However, Urgent Care wait times through Save My Spot may not be based on the order of arrival. The wait times may change unexpectedly according to the number of patients waiting and the need to treat those with more serious conditions first. We appreciate your understanding.
Urgent Care Highlights
- Urgent Care is open seven days a week, including evenings and weekends — view hours and locations.
- Our same-day or next-day services are available for patients of all ages.
- No appointment or referral is needed.
- You can even reserve your spot online to reduce time spent in the waiting room.
- For your convenience, we have X-ray and lab services on-site.
- Fast on-site testing is available for some conditions.
- You can use your insurance plan or "cash pay."
- See conditions and symptoms treated
If you have a life-threatening medical emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest Emergency Department.
Our ER locations in San Diego County are open 24 hours every day.
Should I Choose Urgent Care or Express Care?
Urgent Care Hours and Location
Hours for our La Jolla clinic: Open daily 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Closes at 6 p.m. on July 4 and 4 p.m. on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- Closed on New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
- Regular schedule on all other holidays
La Jolla Urgent Care
For all ages | Wait times may change unexpectedly based on the number of patients waiting and the need to treat those with more serious conditions first
Patient Experience Rating
This is a summary of each location’s ratings in Urgent Care.
Who Can Use Urgent Care?
Individuals of all ages can get expert diagnoses and quick treatment for non-emergency health issues from experienced physicians.
Symptoms and Conditions We Treat
Our dedicated physicians can diagnose, treat and recommend follow-up care for a wide range of non-emergency health issues that require urgent attention. These include:
- Animal bites
- Allergic reactions
- Cold, cough and flu symptoms
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye)
- Earaches and ear infections
- Eye injuries, infections or foreign bodies
- Headaches or migraines
- Insect bites and stings
- IV hydration
- Minor abdominal complaints
- Minor burns
- Minor cuts, wound closure and care
- Minor gynecologic complaints
- Moderate fractures and sprains
- Painful urination
- Prescription refill
- Seasonal allergies
- Sexually transmitted disease (STD) counseling
- Simple fractures, sprains and strains
- Sinus problems
- Skin infections
- Sore throat
- Worsening asthma
- Wound check
Quick On-Site Testing
We offer “point-of-care” testing for certain conditions. You’ll get the results before you leave the clinic for the following:
- Blood sugar (fingertip)
- Flu test
- Pregnancy (urine test)
- Strep test
- Rapid COVID-19 tests
- Rapid RSV tests
Paying for Urgent Care
You can pay with your health insurance plan or use cash pay. Co-pays for Urgent Care visits are often lower than those for an ER visit but may be higher than that for a regular clinic visit.
You may also be able to use your employer-provided flexible spending account (FSA) or health savings account (HSA) to pay for Express Care. Check with your plan.