Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
- PGY1 Pharmacy Residents will earn an anual stipend of $55,854
- PGY2 Pharmacy Residents will earn an annual stipend of $59,325
Eligibility for University-Sponsored health and welfare benefits and retirement benefits. This can include medical, vision, dental and life plan insurance. In addition, the accrual of vacation, sick and educational leave is included:
- Vacation: An accrual up to 15 working days per year. Prior approval by the rotation preceptor and the Residency Program Director is required.
- Staffing Holidays:
- PGY1 - Residents will be assigned one Major and two Minor holidays (Ambulatory Care Residents do one Minor holiday)
- PGY2 - Residents will be assigned one Major and one Minor holiday
- Major Holidays (residents work one)
- Thanksgiving: Thanksgiving Day, Friday following Thanksgiving
- Christmas: Christmas Day, Day before or after Christmas – announced each year
- New Years: New Years Day, Day before or after New Years – announced each year
- Minor Holidays (PGY1 Acute Care residents work 2 minor holiday weekends, PGY1 Ambulatory Care residents work 1 minor holiday. PGY2 residents work 1 minor holiday weekend)
- Martin Luther King Day (3rd Mon in Jan)
- Presidents’ Day (3rd Mon in Feb)
- Cesar Chavez Day (March 31; State Holiday)
- Memorial Day (Last Mon in May)
- Juneteenth Day (June 19)
- Independence Day
- Labor Day (1st Mon in Sept)
- Veterans’ Day (Nov 11th)
- Sick time: An accrual up to 12 working days per year. The resident will follow Department Policy and Procedure for sick calls.
- Educational leave
Up to 80 hours of education leave to be used for professional meetings
5 days of compensatory leave
For questions regarding benefits, policies and procedures, please refer to the UC San Diego Health Human Resources website.
Residents are granted a travel stipend of $1,000 dollars to be used on all educational and pharmacy-related travel.